Monday 26 March 2018

Wheelchair users in Lambeth are treated with contempt.

In my attempt to expand my social life in Brixton I popped into a pub just off one of the main roads. From the exterior I could see this was a fairly large pub; and on entering my assessment of the pubs spaciousness was borne out.
This was a large old Victorian boozer that had dispensed with the segregated bars to leave a big open plan space. On returning the friendly barman's greeting I asked where the adapted toilet was, to be told there wasn't one.
The pub looked as though it had been refurbished in recent times, I'd say within the past five years. Refurbished within a time span that included both the DDA and the Equality Act, within a period that covered the inclusion of services complying with the law.
For years I've taken the "Oh sorry, we're not wheelchair accessible" excuse on the chin. Today's experience is the one that nobbled the camel, and I intend going to law against this company.
Now all I have to do is to is find out exactly how I go about bringing a discrimination case against this goods and service provider. All assistance gratefully heeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags