Friday 2 March 2018

Jennie Formby for Labour Party General Secretary

People are criticising Jon Lansman for running against a woman for the General Secretary of the Labour Party.  I thought that Jon had thrown his hat into the ring before Jennie? 

That said, I'm backing Jennie, but not because she's a woman. No I'm backing Jennie on the basis of her capabilities.

I've known Jennie for quite a few years. Many years ago Jennie was my national officer at the T&G. We found Jennie to be a dynamic industrial officer. 

More recently Jennie became Unite's political officer. Again in this position Jennie worked tirelessly to promote Unite's political agenda with the Labour Party.

I know and respect Jon Lansman, a man with much to offer to the movement. However, at this point in the party's history I think Jennie is the right person to bridge the gap between the various wings and factions within our party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags