Friday 30 March 2018

Can we see the proof of widespread anti-Semitism that is pervasive through the Labour Party?


I don't for a minute doubt that anti-Semitism exists in the Labour Party, and shame on any organisation where it is condoned . However, as a cross-section of society I don't think the Labour Party is inherently anti-Semite. Sadly, as in most walks of life in the UK anti-Semitism can be found in the Labour Party.

What I disagree with is the accusation that AS is rife throughout the party as is being implied by the anti-Corbyn media and those elements within the LP itself who have tried their damnedest to undermine Corbyn since he became leader.

For the sake of balance, could someone put up links of this rife anti-Semitic behaviour in the Labour Party. As a CLP member and an active trade unionist I spend a lot of my life around LP members, yet I don't get a sense of this undercurrent of anti-Semitism that I'm told is almost the norm.

There is a lot of criticism of the State of Israel, particularly its excesses in Gaza. And on this count I'm also vehemently opposed to the actions of the Israeli government and its attack dogs the IDF. I'm guessing that my criticism of the way the State of Israel comports itself with its treatment of Gazan and West Bank Palestinians would in certain quarters be construed as anti-Semitic.

It saddens me when people, including Jews, use the anti-Semitic card against those who criticise and condemn the murderous actions of the Israeli government and IDF. We should all be able to condemn tyrants and hold them to account for their actions. I will continue to condemn and be critical of any State or arm of any state that is guilty of the deaths of countless thousands that is guilty of the oppression and suppression of another people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags