Monday 16 October 2017

Not so smart phones

In line with my exercise routine I thought I'd buy a smart watch to register stuff such as mileage cycled (I've got a mini bike peddle machine that I use in tandem with my wheelchair), calories lost, etc. The watch could also act as a SatNav, text messenger, etc.

I looked on line and noticed PC World/Curry's sold a Samsung watch, which would link nicely with my Samsung Galaxy android. Great, I schlepped over to the Old Kent Road of said store. After looking around at the smart watches on offer, I couldn't see any Galaxy watches. On asking a staff member I was told that PC World didn't carry this model in the shop.

Just as a matter of interest I then asked if I could try one of the Apple smart watches. "No Sir, we don't allow customers to try this product on.""Oh, so how do I know if the watch fits?" I asked."You buy the watch, then try it on, of course." Replied the shop assistant in a matter-of-fact-what-are-you-like-you-daft-twat-DOH, as though I was Mr Fuckingstupid asking the most daft of questions.

"OK, I see. Tell me, my friend. You're wearing an expensive pair of trainers. What were they, £150?"

"Yes??" he responded guardedly.

"What are you, size 9.5, 10?" I enquired.

"Yeh, 10, in these trainers. Sometimes size 9 or 9.5, depends on the trainers. Nike usually comes up a bit bigger."

"Bet they comfortable? They look really comfy to me." I added.

"They're good, geez. Need to be in this job, on me feet all day." he griped.

"So, I'm looking to buy a £300+ to £400+ watch, and you think I'm being pushy asking to try it on?" I queried. "Don't you think it's reasonable for me to make this request?"

"Well nobody else has asked me to try one on. And anyway, they're not that popular as we don't sell many." Was his rejoinder.

Oh well, it's good to know that irony lessons weren't wasted on this bloke.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags