Tuesday 9 August 2016

Self Pity

Self Pity

Earthquakes, elections and princesses
Just some of today’s unneeded stresses;
Add to this a quite worrying health scare
Then you might understand why I despair.

On top of all this my PA is off sick today
And I’m struggling to locate a stand-in;
It’s past 3 am and I’m beginning to fray
Not feeling good, more like a has-been.

What the fucking hell will tomorrow hold
When I go to the hospital for a lung scan
Will it be good news, and I’m to be paroled
Or, will it be cancer, and I’m a dead man.

Oh well my life has a habit of doing this
Turning me over, then putting me down
One long struggle, always taking the piss
As though I’m my own prize fucking clown.

Despite being told not to buy into self-pity
Most often by people who lack empathy
This exercise has been cathartic and witty
And I’ll graciously take any spare sympathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags